Did you know?
One in every 330 Americans develops cancer before the age of twenty.
- On the average, 36 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer everyday in the United States.
- On the average, one in every four elementary schools has a child with cancer. The average high school has two students who are current or former cancer patients.
- Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in children under the age of 15 in the United States.
- Childhood cancers affect more potential patient-years of life than any other cancer except breast and lung cancer.
- The causes of most childhood cancers are unknown. At present, childhood cancer cannot be prevented.
- Childhood cancer occurs regularly, randomly and spares no ethnic group, socioeconomic class, or geographic region. In the United States, the incidence of cancer among adolescents and young adults is increasing at a greater rate than any other age group, except those over 65 years.
- Despite these facts, childhood cancer research is vastly and consistently underfunded.
In celebration of Childhood Cancer Awareness month, Alex's Lemondade Stand's founding corporate sponsor, Volvo, has announced that they will match all donations made to Team Lemon fundraising pages. Support me and double your impact in the fight against childhood cancer. This means a $25 donation becomes $50, which funds one hour of childhood cancer research.
If you were considering donating some spare change in Justin's memory, now is the time. Please consider donating to my Team Lemon page here.
Thank you, as always, for your love and support.