Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Million Mile Run

You may remember last October I ran the Marine Corps Marathon with Alex’s Lemonade Stand in memory of my nephew Justin. Thanks to your love, support, and wallets, we raised $1,813! This money was used to help out families and children battling cancer, as well as provide grant funding to research facilities trying to end pediatric cancer.

This September, I’ll be taking on a different challenge. I have pledged to cover 100 miles in September, as a part of the Million Mile Run. This inaugural event, created by Alex’s Lemonade stand, is aimed at getting 10,000 runners and walkers to cover 100 miles, and raising $10 a mile. If the run is successful, Alex’s Lemonade Stand will raise $1 million in a month!

So help me with this challenge. Run with me, walk with me, help me cover my 100 miles – help me hit my goal of $1,000 during Childhood CancerAwareness Month.


No comments:

Post a Comment