Monday, October 22, 2012

The Final Countdown

It's official. The marathon is in less than a week. I'd like to say training has been going well, but my last two long runs have been a bust. On October 13, I was supposed to do 12 miles, but then this happened:

Took it easy all the next week, got my runs in when I could. This weekend I was supposed to do 8, but then this happened:


So now, after the party of the year, I get to switch gears and focus on the Marine Corps Marathon. Oh boy.

"You're running on guts. On fumes. Your muscles twitch. You throw up. You're delirious. But you keep running because there's no way out of this hell you're in, because there's no way you're not crossing the finish line. It's a misery that non-runners don't understand."
-Martine Costello

No comments:

Post a Comment